As I was doing my morning miles on my reverse commute this morning, I noticed how glorious the sky looked today. Then I remembered how much we all enjoyed the sky theme last year for the weekly photowalk challenge. And then I remembered that it has been a while since we have done one. And then this happened!
Autumn comes with some of the most stunning of skies and with the weather being a little off at times, we could all do with that little bit of encouragement to get outside. As such, this week (and a half) will have the theme of ‘sky’.
THE URBAN WANDERER WEEKLY PHOTOWALK CHALLENGE
For those of you new to the challenge, here is a brief idea about what it is (there is more below)
The idea of the weekly photowalk challenge is to encourage you to get outside and exploring wherever you are. Like my strap line, “for curious minds and wandering feet wherever they may be” I post the challenges to help inspire you to do the same. It’s a great way to get you looking at where you are with a fresh eye. It doesn’t have to be a mountain or a beach that you explore, the city, your village or even the park nearby is a perfect place to start. Walking is great for your wellbeing and keeping curious is too – it keeps you learning new things, which expands your world!
Anyway, all you have to do is get outside for a walk and look around you to find things that link with the theme. Leaves, for this week. Then snap a picture and share it on social media so we can share in your discoveries. The best bit is that you can do it as many times as you like too – there is no maximum!
Here are some examples to get your creative juices flowing!
THE WEEKLY PHOTOWALK CHALLENGE
As always here are the mild rules to the game!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS:
- A great way to get outside
- A fun way to explore where you live/work/are
- Some time away from the hustle and bustle of life
- Something to get you thinking about your area differently
- An opportunity to get snapping some pictures, no matter what level you’re at – this is about fun!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS NOT:
- An opportunity to just dig through old pictures and not get out and about walking, exploring and taking in the fresh air and sights!
SO HERE ARE THE RULES!
So here’s the thing. Each week I will share a theme and when you accept the challenge you need to get out and about and take a photo that matches with the theme. Simple as that really! The idea is to get you out and about in the outdoors, exploring and looking for things that you would normally miss while doing your every day activities. It is purposeful in the way that it takes you out, gets you active and opens your mind and awareness to the things in the world around you by getting you to seek out things that match the theme.
And there is no limit to how many walks you take or how many pictures you take either!
Kind of like a visual or photographic treasure hunt!
- Follow me here, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to find out the theme for the week
- Go out on an adventure taking some photos that link to the theme and tell as story about your quest.
- Share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag #TUWPhotowalk (so that I can find the pics)
- And enjoy checking out other people’s journeys too.
Remember, they have to be new photos though! No cheating by sitting in with a brew scrolling through old shots!!
So while the sun is shining, why not head out to get some evening miles tonight and grab the oranges of the setting sun then give it a share over in Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
But most of all, enjoy spending some time in the outdoors and capturing the beauty that we often pas by!
Here’s to a week and a half of photowalk challenge sky pictures!