It has been a while since the last Weekly Photowalk Challenge and so I thought I would bring it back with a vengeance by going for a whole month on one theme. Well, to be honest, it also has something to do with the fact that I am taking part in the Woodland Trust’s #30DaysWild (blog post coming soon on that one too) and wanted to encourage you to join in too.
I am going to be mainly doing my #30dayswild on urban nature as that is where I spend a lot of my time and also to show you that you don’t need to be in the countryside or the wilderness to experience nature in your life. When you look into your yard or garden, can you spot some nature there? A weed or an insect? They are both part of our natural environment and worthy of being noted and photographed as much as the kestrel or old oak tree.
As always, the mild rules are the same and I have outlined them below. The Weekly Photowalk Challenge or monthly in this case, is to encourage you to get outside for a walk or wander wherever you are. To get some fresh air and see your city, village, suburb or town in a new light. Noticing the small things, exploring new paths and streets and learning about your environment. And while you’re at it, snap a picture or two to share what you discover.
You don’t have to be a pro photographer, a confident hiker or have expensive gear, this challenge is for everyone! I take my pictures on my phone during my reverse commute and wandering about Manchester, so there are no excuses really!
So grab your phone/camera, get out in your local area and get snagging some snaps of nature! Remember though, for this month to tag both #TUWPhotowalk and #30dayswild
Have fun and I look forward to seeing your nature finds!
To adventure in your own back yard and beyond!
THE WEEKLY PHOTOWALK CHALLENGE
As always here are the mild rules to the game!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS:
- A great way to get outside
- A fun way to explore where you live/work/are
- Some time away from the hustle and bustle of life
- Something to get you thinking about your area differently
- An opportunity to get snapping some pictures, no matter what level you’re at – this is about fun!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS NOT:
- An opportunity to just dig through old pictures and not get out and about walking, exploring and taking in the fresh air and sights!
SO HERE ARE THE RULES!
So here’s the thing. Each week I will share a theme and when you accept the challenge you need to get out and about and take a photo that matches with the theme. Simple as that really! The idea is to get you out and about in the outdoors, exploring and looking for things that you would normally miss while doing your every day activities. It is purposeful in the way that it takes you out, gets you active and opens your mind and awareness to the things in the world around you by getting you to seek out things that match the theme.
And there is no limit to how many walks you take or how many pictures you take either!
Kind of like a visual or photographic treasure hunt!
- Follow me here, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to find out the theme for the week
- Go out on an adventure taking some photos that link to the theme and tell as story about your quest.
- Share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag #TUWPhotowalk (so that I can find the pics)
- And enjoy checking out other people’s journeys too.
To get your creative juices flowing, here are some of my old photos to give you an idea of what to take! Remember, they have to be new photos though! No cheating by sitting in with a brew scrolling through old shots!!
And there you have it! That is all that you need to get out there for the Weekly Photowalk Challenge!