You might have noticed that the blog was a bit quiet last week? Well, it was because I was having some issues tech issues this side. But not to worry, all is well now and we’re back on track with the Weekly Photowalk Challenge. Oh and the interview series is back on track too. (check out the others here if you’ve missed them)
Awwww, with Valentine’s Day being all the talk this week (it is tomorrow, but you still have time to plan an outdoor date!) so I thought that it would fun for the weekly photowalk challenge to have the theme of hearts. I know that many of the National Trust properties have special events or themes on for this time of year, so why not tap into that. The possibilities are endless for hearts and you don’t have to look to the conventional either – perhaps hearts in sculpture, in food or nature. Just keep your eyes peeled on your walks and see what comes your way!
To be honest, I don’t really have many photos with hearts to get you started, so we’re all in the same boat this week! Let’s get collecting those hearts!
THE WEEKLY PHOTOWALK CHALLENGE
As always here are the mild rules to the game!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS:
- A great way to get outside
- A fun way to explore where you live/work/are
- Some time away from the hustle and bustle of life
- Something to get you thinking about your area differently
- An opportunity to get snapping some pictures, no matter what level you’re at – this is about fun!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS NOT:
- An opportunity to just dig through old pictures and not get out and about walking, exploring and taking in the fresh air and sights!
SO HERE ARE THE RULES!
So here’s the thing. Each week I will share a theme and when you accept the challenge you need to get out and about and take a photo that matches with the theme. Simple as that really! The idea is to get you out and about in the outdoors, exploring and looking for things that you would normally miss while doing your every day activities. It is purposeful in the way that it takes you out, gets you active and opens your mind and awareness to the things in the world around you by getting you to seek out things that match the theme.
And there is no limit to how many walks you take or how many pictures you take either!
Kind of like a visual or photographic treasure hunt!
- Follow me here, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to find out the theme for the week
- Go out on an adventure taking some photos that link to the theme and tell as story about your quest.
- Share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag #TUWPhotowalk (so that I can find the pics)
- And enjoy checking out other people’s journeys too.
To get your creative juices flowing, here are some of my old photos to give you an idea of what to take! Remember, they have to be new photos though! No cheating by sitting in with a brew scrolling through old shots!!
And there you have it! That is all that you need to get out there for the Weekly Photowalk Challenge!
So there we are, right back on track! Now feel the love this week and get walking and collecting some hearts!
Love and hearts to you all, wherever your adventures take you!