As you might have noticed, I missed posting The Urban Wanderer Weekly Photowalk Challenge on Monday and I have good reason – I en route home from California! So as I am late there has been a little tweak, making it the Weekend Photowalk Challenge.
All the same rules and ideas apply, only you just have the weekend to get out there and take some pictures.
This weekend I want you to take your feet on an adventure and snap a picture of them while you’re out and about. I know we all love taking feet photos, so this one should be easy!
Remember that it has to be a new photo (no cheating my sitting inside on the sofa, drinking hot chocolate and rooting through your old pics!) Get outside, go for a walk, a wander, a hike a cycle, whatever you love doing outside and take a picture of your feet on the adventure. post it on Instagram/Twitter/Facebook with the tag #TUWPhotowalk and let’s share our fun!
Here are some examples to get you started:
NOTE: These are old ones for example only! (I’m no sneaky cheaty!!) Check out my Instagram to see my new ones for the weekend challenge! 😀
What the challenge is:
- A great way to get outside
- A fun way to explore where you live/work/are
- Some time away from the hustle and bustle of life
- Something to get you thinking about your area differently
- An opportunity to get snapping some pictures, no matter what level you’re at – this is about fun!
What the challenge is not:
- An opportunity to just dig through old pictures and not get out and about walking, exploring and taking in the fresh air and sights!
So here are the rules!
So here’s the thing. Each week I will share a theme and when you accept the challenge you need to get out and about and take a photo that matches with the theme. Simple as that really! The idea is to get you out and about in the outdoors, exploring and looking for things that you would normally miss while doing your every day activities. It is purposeful in the way that it takes you out, gets you active and opens your mind and awareness to the things in the world around you by getting you to seek out things that match the theme.
And there is no limit to how many walks you take or how many pictures you take either!
Kind of like a visual or photographic treasure hunt!
- Follow me here, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to find out the theme for the week
- Go out on an adventure taking some photos that link to the theme and tell as story about your quest.
- Share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag #TUWPhotowalk (so that I can find the pics)
- And enjoy checking out other people’s journeys too.
How easy (and fun!) does that sound?
I will post a new blog post each Monday with the theme and then all you have to do is accept and get walking and snapping! Oh yeah and if you feel inspired to do more than one walk, GO FOR IT!! I’d love for you to share as many as you do – the more the merrier, I say.
From now on I am going to update the weekly blog post so that I can showcase all of the entries into The Urban Wanderer Weekly Photowalk Challenge to give you something to aim for too! I love sharing your creations and captures and love hearing the stories about them too – so be sure to share some information about them too!
Here’s to getting outside and going on more adventures! Here’s to getting out and about taking part in The Urban Wanderer Weekly Photowalk Challenge!!
Take those feet for an adventure and enjoy the crisp autumn air!
Happy weekend, adventurer!