I’m upping the ante this week for The Urban Wanderer Weekly Photowalk Challenge and asking you to get back to nature and hunt out some wildlife. Of course, as always, you don’t need to head out to the mountains to take part wildlife can be found in cities, suburbs and urban spaces.
Look behind things, look up (#lookup and #lookupmcr) and find wildlife unusual spaces. Perhaps you’ll see them dong something that you wouldn’t see if you just saw them normally on the ground or you might even learn something new.
What the challenge is:
- A great way to get outside
- A fun way to explore where you live/work/are
- Some time away from the hustle and bustle of life
- Something to get you thinking about your area differently
- An opportunity to get snapping some pictures, no matter what level you’re at – this is about fun!
What the challenge is not:
- An opportunity to just dig through old pictures and not get out and about walking, exploring and taking in the fresh air and sights!
So this week you need to get outside, take an adventure on your walk and look for some wildlife, take a snap and share it on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
Let’s get back to nature – wherever we are- get outside,go walking and find some wildlife!
I can’t wait to see your pictures!!
So here are the rules!
So here’s the thing. Each week I will share a theme and when you accept the challenge you need to get out and about and take a photo that matches with the theme. Simple as that really! The idea is to get you out and about in the outdoors, exploring and looking for things that you would normally miss while doing your every day activities. It is purposeful in the way that it takes you out, gets you active and opens your mind and awareness to the things in the world around you by getting you to seek out things that match the theme.
And there is no limit to how many walks you take or how many pictures you take either!
Kind of like a visual or photographic treasure hunt!
- Follow me here, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to find out the theme for the week
- Go out on an adventure taking some photos that link to the theme and tell as story about your quest.
- Share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag #TUWPhotowalk (so that I can find the pics)
- And enjoy checking out other people’s journeys too.
How easy (and fun!) does that sound?
I will post a new blog post each Monday with the theme and then all you have to do is accept and get walking and snapping! Oh yeah and if you feel inspired to do more than one walk, GO FOR IT!! I’d love for you to share as many as you do – the more the merrier, I say.
From now on I am going to update the weekly blog post so that I can showcase all of the entries into The Urban Wanderer Weekly Photowalk Challenge to give you something to aim for too! I love sharing your creations and captures and love hearing the stories about them too – so be sure to share some information about them too!
Here’s to getting outside and going on more adventures! Here’s to getting out and about taking part in The Urban Wanderer Weekly Photowalk Challenge!!
Enjoy the walks, intrepid urban adventurers!