If you’re anything like me then you’re super excited about the extra hour that we’ll be getting this Sunday when the clocks go back! I am so excited that I am planning what we’re going to get up to – I already have the meal plan for the weekend sorted so not it is just the activities. Oh yeah and although a bit delayed, the lovely Claire over at Claire’s Itchy Feet nominated me for a Versatile Bloggers Award! I’ll go into more about that later.
Last weekend our plans kind of came into existence because I bumped into an Instagram friend on my evening walk and he gave me the heads up about Winter Hill. This weekend, however, other than our usual bright and early Saturday wander, I’m not totally sure what we’re going to get up to.
So far, I am thinking of Kinder Scout for the Trespasser’s Walk on Saturday and potentially a Blackpool wander with a Parbold hike on the way back – you’ve got to love an extra hour!
The Tresspasser’s Walk is to commemorate the 500 people from Manchester and Sheffield who trespassed in critical mass in 1932 from Hayfield to Kinder Scout to secure the right of access to open country for us all to enjoy. Without them we would no have access to so many wonderful places!
It is a challenging route of about 8 miles and should take around 5 hours, so we’ll get out kit sorted, a big flask and some lunch and head to the hills for a Saturday wander.
I heard about Parbold from a lovely family that we became friends with while camping last year and have been meaning to head over that way for some time. The walk I fancy doing is the circular route from Parbold Village on a 7.5 mile route on pretty easy terrain. I’m quite excited to see the Fairy Glen too as I created one as part of my Land Art experiments at Delamere Forest when I was at college.
I have chucked Blackpool in there too as we might as well make the most of the time and the light on the weekend before the nights get darker (and Blackpool gets busier with the illuminations.
I’m really excited about getting out to explore some new places and to get a challenging hike in there too – it will be a great excuse to get our washing up bowls out for a foot soak on Sunday!
…and of course the Versatile Bloggers Awards
I am currently in the process of deciding on my 15 blogger nominations, so keep checking back and I will add them once I have chosen the best I can find.
Basically, the award is to recognise other great bloggers and to also share some information about yourself too. For more information check out the Versatile Blogger Awards blog.
Thanks again, Claire at Claire’s Itchy Feet. Please take a look at her blog, it is a great read 🙂 you can also read her 7 snippets about herself too.
For now, while I compile my bloggers, here are my 7 things about me…
*drum roll please*
- I had a bad knee injury when I was 20 which meant that I walked on a crutch or walking stick for 10 years (I only came off my crutch 4 years ago)
- I am owned by six crazy and lovely rescue cats that I love with all my heart – they are my little furry kids!
- I borrow dogs and walk them for free via Borrow my Doggy and have made lots of new friends through doing it too.
- I absolutely LOVE cooking and run another blog about vegetarian and vegan recipes and meal planning.
- I really love walking in back streets (not in a creepy way!) because you get to see a totally different side to a place than the polished high streets.
- On average I walk at least 10 miles every day
- My best friend is called SaRah and when we were younger I used to introduce us as ‘we are SaRah’, we’re now ‘SaRah squared’
So once I have my bloggers ready I will let you know and direct you to the specific post sharing them – I don’t want them to miss their little spot in the limelight!
Anyway, back to my weekend planning.
What have you got planned for you extra hour on the weekend? Any outdoor exploits on the cards?
Let me know in the comments, I’m always up for some additional inspiration!