Hmm, you might have just noticed that it is Friday and I haven’t posted the weekly photowalk challenge yet. You’d be right. And the reason is that I had so much on this week that I completely forgot! (oh and I got some new pens that distracted me during my desk time)
So with the weekend looming, and last week’s being such a success, I thought we’d go for another weekend photowalk challenge. What do you reckon? Are you up for some more outdoor time with some photos along the way? Give me a ‘YEAH!!’
I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the adventures that you took your feet on last week that I thought it might be nice to get to know you all a bit better with some face pictures. Selfies in fact!
So this weekend, your challenge is to get outside and go on and adventure and snap a selfie (or get someone to take a picture of you) to share in the #TUWPhotowalk challenge way. I’d love to see the faces behind the cameras and the owners of those intrepid feet!
Here are some examples to get you going!
NOTE: These are old ones for example only! (I’m no sneaky cheaty!!) Check out my Instagram to see my new ones for the weekend challenge! 😀
What the challenge is:
- A great way to get outside
- A fun way to explore where you live/work/are
- Some time away from the hustle and bustle of life
- Something to get you thinking about your area differently
- An opportunity to get snapping some pictures, no matter what level you’re at – this is about fun!
What the challenge is not:
- An opportunity to just dig through old pictures and not get out and about walking, exploring and taking in the fresh air and sights!
So here are the rules!
So here’s the thing. Each week I will share a theme and when you accept the challenge you need to get out and about and take a photo that matches with the theme. Simple as that really! The idea is to get you out and about in the outdoors, exploring and looking for things that you would normally miss while doing your every day activities. It is purposeful in the way that it takes you out, gets you active and opens your mind and awareness to the things in the world around you by getting you to seek out things that match the theme.
And there is no limit to how many walks you take or how many pictures you take either!
Kind of like a visual or photographic treasure hunt!
- Follow me here, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to find out the theme for the week
- Go out on an adventure taking some photos that link to the theme and tell as story about your quest.
- Share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag #TUWPhotowalk (so that I can find the pics)
- And enjoy checking out other people’s journeys too.
How easy (and fun!) does that sound?
I will post a new blog post each Monday with the theme and then all you have to do is accept and get walking and snapping! Oh yeah and if you feel inspired to do more than one walk, GO FOR IT!! I’d love for you to share as many as you do – the more the merrier, I say.
From now on I am going to update the weekly blog post so that I can showcase all of the entries into The Urban Wanderer Weekly Photowalk Challenge to give you something to aim for too! I love sharing your creations and captures and love hearing the stories about them too – so be sure to share some information about them too!
Here’s to getting outside and going on more adventures! Here’s to getting out and about taking part in The Urban Wanderer Weekly Photowalk Challenge!!
Get those faces (and bodies!) of yours out in the fresh air and go explore!
Happy weekend, adventurer!
PS: I’ll be updating the past ones next week! And getting some sharing going on from the amazing photos from last week’s challenge! Well done to everyone who took part, it was BRILLIANT!! <3