I don’t know whether it is because it is warm or because I have just downed a pint of it, but I thought that ‘water’ would be a perfect subject for this week’s Urban Wanderer Weekly Photowalk Challenge. Besides, I think we might be forecast a bit of rain too this week.
Anyway, without further ado or delay, let’s get straight into the challenge for the week.
Whether you are wandering around the canals, finding a local lake or paddling in a puddle on a rainy day, all you have to do it get outside and snap a picture of your ‘water’. As always, the idea is to encourage you to get out and about on the hunt for a water picture rather than exercising your thumb by scrolling through your phone. Once you have your pic, post it to social media with the tag #TUWPhotowalk and I’ll get it showcased next week.
Here are some examples to get you started:
THE WEEKLY PHOTOWALK CHALLENGE
As always here are the mild rules to the game!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS:
- A great way to get outside
- A fun way to explore where you live/work/are
- Some time away from the hustle and bustle of life
- Something to get you thinking about your area differently
- An opportunity to get snapping some pictures, no matter what level you’re at – this is about fun!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS NOT:
- An opportunity to just dig through old pictures and not get out and about walking, exploring and taking in the fresh air and sights!
SO HERE ARE THE RULES!
So here’s the thing. Each week I will share a theme and when you accept the challenge you need to get out and about and take a photo that matches with the theme. Simple as that really! The idea is to get you out and about in the outdoors, exploring and looking for things that you would normally miss while doing your every day activities. It is purposeful in the way that it takes you out, gets you active and opens your mind and awareness to the things in the world around you by getting you to seek out things that match the theme.
And there is no limit to how many walks you take or how many pictures you take either!
Kind of like a visual or photographic treasure hunt!
- Follow me here, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to find out the theme for the week
- Go out on an adventure taking some photos that link to the theme and tell as story about your quest.
- Share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag #TUWPhotowalk (so that I can find the pics)
- And enjoy checking out other people’s journeys too.
To get your creative juices flowing, here are some of my old photos to give you an idea of what to take! Remember, they have to be new photos though! No cheating by sitting in with a brew scrolling through old shots!!
And there you have it! That is all that you need to get out there for the Weekly Photowalk Challenge!
So get out there, go on an adventure, get curious, snap a picture or two and share it. Oh and most importantly, have fun doing it!
Here’s to getting out into the sunshine/wind/rain…