Last week’s weekly photowalk challenge appeared to be a bit of a challenge for me until I jigged through my pictures today! I realised that I has met and photographed loads of animals during the week, but it didn’t occur to me during that time. See, it just goes to show that paying attention makes all the difference and has made me determined to notice more this week. How did you get on? We had a few entries last week and I’m hoping that we’ll have more this week as it really is fun!
This week’s theme
Anyhoo, onto the theme for this week’s weekly photowalk challenge. I personally have a bit of an obsession with windows, so I thought it would be a fun theme for this week. Remember though, it has to be from your out and about explorations and not just shot from the comfort of your warm living room!
As this is all about getting you outside for a wander the pictures of the windows will be from the outside in. Here are some examples to hep get you in the flow. Remember though, you can take it any way you like (so long as you’re getting off your bum and taking an outside adventure!!)
THE WEEKLY PHOTOWALK CHALLENGE
As always here are the mild rules to the game!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS:
- A great way to get outside
- A fun way to explore where you live/work/are
- Some time away from the hustle and bustle of life
- Something to get you thinking about your area differently
- An opportunity to get snapping some pictures, no matter what level you’re at – this is about fun!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS NOT:
- An opportunity to just dig through old pictures and not get out and about walking, exploring and taking in the fresh air and sights!
SO HERE ARE THE RULES!
So here’s the thing. Each week I will share a theme and when you accept the challenge you need to get out and about and take a photo that matches with the theme. Simple as that really! The idea is to get you out and about in the outdoors, exploring and looking for things that you would normally miss while doing your every day activities. It is purposeful in the way that it takes you out, gets you active and opens your mind and awareness to the things in the world around you by getting you to seek out things that match the theme.
And there is no limit to how many walks you take or how many pictures you take either!
Kind of like a visual or photographic treasure hunt!
- Follow me here, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to find out the theme for the week
- Go out on an adventure taking some photos that link to the theme and tell as story about your quest.
- Share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag #TUWPhotowalk (so that I can find the pics)
- And enjoy checking out other people’s journeys too.
To get your creative juices flowing, here are some of my old photos to give you an idea of what to take! Remember, they have to be new photos though! No cheating by sitting in with a brew scrolling through old shots!!
And there you have it! That is all that you need to get out there for the Weekly Photowalk Challenge!
This should be quite an easy one as there are windows everywhere! So no excuse not to take part! As it is a simple one, why not share the Weekly Photowalk Challenge with a friend and help to encourage them on an outside adventure to get to know their area better.
I’m looking forward to seeing what windows we can all find and hope that there will be some with s frosty sheen with the weather being colder at the moment!
Have fun on your outside adventures and enjoy your photowalks!
PS: You can check out all the past Weekly Photowalk Challenge themes and pictures here.