Gosh, another week has flown by and it is time again for a new theme for the Weekly Photowalk Challenge! Things were pretty quiet over on Instagram last week for the #TUWPhotowalk and I can only assume that it was because you were getting back into the swing of things after the holidays. Hopefully you’re back on a roll and will be out and about getting some outside adventures, fresh air and snaps along the way.
This week’s theme
This week I have gone with the theme of ‘animals’. They have to be animals that you meet on your outside adventures and photowalk (not indoors with your pets! That is defeating the object!) They can either be real animals or ones that you spot in shop windows, in the stone work of old buildings or something else of your spotting!
If you have set a resolution to get outside more often this year or perhaps you’re taking part in the #walk1000miles with part of Country Walking magazine then this will help you to get out there! It is fun to do and gets you really looking and exploring where you live which is not only good for your physical health, but your mental well-being too. Curiosity is amazing!
Here are some to get your creative juices flowing!
THE WEEKLY PHOTOWALK CHALLENGE
As always here are the mild rules to the game!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS:
- A great way to get outside
- A fun way to explore where you live/work/are
- Some time away from the hustle and bustle of life
- Something to get you thinking about your area differently
- An opportunity to get snapping some pictures, no matter what level you’re at – this is about fun!
WHAT THE CHALLENGE IS NOT:
- An opportunity to just dig through old pictures and not get out and about walking, exploring and taking in the fresh air and sights!
SO HERE ARE THE RULES!
So here’s the thing. Each week I will share a theme and when you accept the challenge you need to get out and about and take a photo that matches with the theme. Simple as that really! The idea is to get you out and about in the outdoors, exploring and looking for things that you would normally miss while doing your every day activities. It is purposeful in the way that it takes you out, gets you active and opens your mind and awareness to the things in the world around you by getting you to seek out things that match the theme.
And there is no limit to how many walks you take or how many pictures you take either!
Kind of like a visual or photographic treasure hunt!
- Follow me here, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to find out the theme for the week
- Go out on an adventure taking some photos that link to the theme and tell as story about your quest.
- Share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag #TUWPhotowalk (so that I can find the pics)
- And enjoy checking out other people’s journeys too.
To get your creative juices flowing, here are some of my old photos to give you an idea of what to take! Remember, they have to be new photos though! No cheating by sitting in with a brew scrolling through old shots!!
And there you have it! That is all that you need to get out there for the Weekly Photowalk Challenge!
I hope that you’ll join me and make sure to share it with your friends too, I’d love to see more outside adventures – they make longer and better sideshows too!
Enjoy and I can’t wait to see where you get to and the animals that you discover.