So we’re sticking with the weekend theme for the Weekly Photowalk Challenge as it seems to be working quite well at the moment – other than it only being me entering last weekend! I’m guessing selfies aren’t so popular!
Without further ado, though, here is the theme for this weekend to get you outside and going on an adventure, I want you to snap some sky when you’re out there. We have had some gorgeous colours in the sky up here in Manchester and I’m sure around the world too!
It is supposed to be a milder weekend so there are definitely no excuses to keep you indoors! Just wrap up, layers on, and head out for an adventure! Just remember to look up and enjoy the things around you – whether in the city, your neighbourhood, the countryside or wherever you are. There is always something new to be discovered.
As always, here are some to inspire you and your photos!
NOTE: These are old ones for example only! (I’m no sneaky cheaty!!) Check out my Instagram to see my new ones for the weekend challenge! 😀
What the challenge is:
- A great way to get outside
- A fun way to explore where you live/work/are
- Some time away from the hustle and bustle of life
- Something to get you thinking about your area differently
- An opportunity to get snapping some pictures, no matter what level you’re at – this is about fun!
What the challenge is not:
- An opportunity to just dig through old pictures and not get out and about walking, exploring and taking in the fresh air and sights!
So here are the rules!
So here’s the thing. Each week I will share a theme and when you accept the challenge you need to get out and about and take a photo that matches with the theme. Simple as that really! The idea is to get you out and about in the outdoors, exploring and looking for things that you would normally miss while doing your every day activities. It is purposeful in the way that it takes you out, gets you active and opens your mind and awareness to the things in the world around you by getting you to seek out things that match the theme.
And there is no limit to how many walks you take or how many pictures you take either!
Kind of like a visual or photographic treasure hunt!
- Follow me here, on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to find out the theme for the week
- Go out on an adventure taking some photos that link to the theme and tell as story about your quest.
- Share them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag #TUWPhotowalk (so that I can find the pics)
- And enjoy checking out other people’s journeys too.
How easy (and fun!) does that sound?
I will post a new blog post each Monday with the theme and then all you have to do is accept and get walking and snapping! Oh yeah and if you feel inspired to do more than one walk, GO FOR IT!! I’d love for you to share as many as you do – the more the merrier, I say.
From now on I am going to update the weekly blog post so that I can showcase all of the entries into The Urban Wanderer Weekly Photowalk Challenge to give you something to aim for too! I love sharing your creations and captures and love hearing the stories about them too – so be sure to share some information about them too!
Here’s to getting outside and going on more adventures! Here’s to getting out and about taking part in The Urban Wanderer Weekly Photowalk Challenge!!
Yay! Let’s go on an adventure! Have fun and I can’t wait to see your skies!
PS: Did nobody notice that I had the month wrong in last week’s challenge picture? LOL I only noticed today! *cringe*